Welcome to the CECAM node for the Rhône Alpes region (CECAM-FR-RA)
What is CECAM?
CECAM (Centre Européen de Calcul Atomique et Moléculaire) is a European network to promote fundamental research on advanced computational methods and their application to important problems in frontier areas of science and technology.
The missions of CECAM include the organization of scientific workshops in emerging areas, advanced schools to train at the graduate and postdoctoral level, workshops on algorithmic and software development, the development of collaborative research projects for Europe and beyond, and the sponsorship of an international visitors program.
CECAM is composed of 17 nodes across Europe and in Israel to work alongside the headquarters in Lausanne.
The CECAM node of the French Rhône-Alpes region is hosted at the Centre Blaise Pascal (CBP) in Lyon, at the Maison de la Modélisation (MaiMoSiNE) in Grenoble, as well as at the École de Physique des Houches.
The node is sponsored by Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), the Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA), the Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA), Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL) and École normale supérieure de Lyon (ENS Lyon).
Other French nodes
Node interests include
- Theory, methodology, code development, HPC
- Electronic structure for strongly correlated molecular systems and materials
- Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
- Theoretical physics
- Biophysics and Biochemistry, Bio- and Nano- inspired materials and devices
- Materials Physics, Surfaces, Nanosciences, Nanophysics, Nanomagnetism
- Cold atom and molecule systems
- Classical and Quantum Molecular Dynamics. Force Fields and Potentials. Multiscale modelling
- Statistical mechanics of complex systems
- Applied mathematics for Physics and Engineering